Solidarity Hugo Blanco [Fw from FI Press List]

Richard Fidler rfidler at cyberus.ca
Tue Sep 17 12:22:57 MDT 2002

This appeal can be made public, and circulated widely to comrades and
friends. National organisations can decide to centralise donations
nationally. Please keep us informed.

 Dear Friends

 We recently learned of the emergency hospitalisation of our comrade Hugo
Blanco. Victim of a brain haemorrhage while visiting the peasant communities
in Cuzco, he was able to leave Peru and travel to Mexico where he is being
treated in a hospital in Mexico City. The most recent news we have is
reasonably optimistic, after an operation for a haematoma.  But further
operations, and in any case hospitalisation, are necessary. This is very
costly treatment, added to which are the costs of travel and residence. His
friends and family reacted to the emergency in finding the money to pay the
intial costs. We want to help them and demonstrate our friendship and deep
esteem for Hugo. We hope that you wish to join with us, and forward this
appeal to other friends and comrades who could participate in this
initiative.

Donations can be sent to Robert March, 88 rue de Bagnolet 75020 Paris

Post office Account 0632537W020 CCP Paris
e-mail: robert.march at club-internet.fr

We will keep you informed of all the news we receive as well as the results
of this initiative if you send us an e-mail address where we can contact
you. Thank you

17th September 2002