MODERATOR'S NOTE

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Sep 21 08:14:56 MDT 2002

I noticed that Les Schaffer had to convert a number of messages from
html to plain text this morning as well as eliminating extraneous text
in a reply. THIS WILL NOT DO.

Not only does Les have more pressing Marxmail tasks to attend to, it is
absolutely UNDISCIPLINED (in the Bolsheviki sense) for people to ignore
repeated instructions on how to participate in discussions here. Let me
repeat what the rules are. They are really quite simple, like raising
your hand to be recognized before speaking at a branch meeting of some
communist organization.

1. Select 'plain text' from the options menu of your email program. If
you cannot find it, ask Les or me for help. If you are using AOL, which
lacks this option, consider using Yahoo.com just for posting to Marxmail.

2. If you are replying to a message, eliminate all text that is not
germane to your reply. We have majordomo programmed to bounce all
messages that contain "eliminate extraneous text" at the bottom. We have
discovered that if this is in your reply, it generally means that you
have failed to snip the extraneous text.

3. If you plan to be away from your computer for an extended period,
consider unsubbing from the list and resubbing when you return. Marxmail
is rapidly approaching 500 subscribers and I cannot be bothered by
bounced messages from subscribers that their mailbox is filled.

--

Louis Proyect
www.marxmail.org