Venezuela

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Wed Sep 25 09:46:26 MDT 2002

Recall that the exact same thing happened in Nicaragua under the
Sandinistas, who did move forward to a mixed economy.  This either
gives Chavez the benefit of the doubt, or it implicitly condemns the
the FSLN's policy of catering to sectors of the bourgeoisie that the
Sandinistas referred to as "patriotic employers."

Mike