Venezuela

Chris Brady cdbrady at attglobal.net
Wed Sep 25 10:25:14 MDT 2002

Capital flight affects the Venezuelan economy.
What is its destination?
The US economy affects the Venezuelan economy.
Top capitalists and their politicians in Venezuela are in the same club
as US capitalists and their politicians.
I guess you could say that about Colombia and elsewhere in the region.
I am reminded by an order from Richard Nixon about the Allende
government.
It was NOT “make the economy sing in sweet harmony.”

But history is neither dead, nor dead in the water.
No country in that Latin America should be analyzed independent of its
context, as is the NYT wont.