Henwood annouces: Hitchens quits Nation

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Wed Sep 25 12:41:12 MDT 2002

I heard this yesterday, but was sworn to secrecy. But now I've heard
it several more times, so it's clearly no longer a closely held piece
of news: Christopher Hitchens has quit the Nation. His reasons will
appear in his final column, which will appear in this week's issue.

I find this sad news - it's bad for the magazine, and it's sad
Hitchens has turned so comprehensively belligerent. But I guess it
was inevitable...

Doug

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.