Forwarded from Derrick O'Keefe

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Sep 26 07:11:55 MDT 2002

The North American Anti-Apartheid II Tour
Featuring: Na'eem Jeenah

On August 31, 2001, in Durban, South Africa, in the midst of the World
Conference against Racism, a new Anti-Apartheid Movement was launched. This
new movement, called "International Anti-Apartheid Movement Against
Israel", was initiated and proclaimed by South African activists, whose own
victorious struggle against apartheid provided them a unique solidarity
with the Palestinian people.

In their declaration they stated, "We, South Africans who have lived
through apartheid, cannot be silent as another entire people are treated as
non-human beings; people without rights or human dignity and facing daily
humiliation. We cannot permit a ruthless state to use military jets,
helicopter gun-ships and tanks on civilians. We cannot accept state
assassinations of activists, the torture of political prisoners, the murder
of children and collective punishment."

The aim of this movement is to bring to the world a clear understanding of
the reality of occupation and the systemic exploitation currently being
inflicted upon the Palestinian people and to create a global solidarity
movement. Much like the solidarity movements of the '80's and early '90's
that were instrumental in bringing down the South African apartheid regime,
the Palestinian people now need the world to unite and commit themselves to
bringing about the end of Israeli apartheid and occupation.

To this end, Na'eem Jeenah, a former anti-apartheid activist and a
spokesperson for the Palestine Solidarity Committee of South Africa, is
touring North America until mid-October to highlight current Israeli
Apartheid policies. Jeenah spoke at the United Nations from September 22-24
and will also be speaking in Chicago, Toronto, Vancouver, Seattle, San
Francisco, Sacramento, Los Angeles, Ann Arbour and Minneapolis.

For full tour details, check: tour.palsolidaritygrp.org

The Palestine Solidarity Group will be coordinating his visit. If you would
like to arrange a meeting or interview, please contact palsolidarity at yahoo.com

www.palsolidaritygrp.org

Louis Proyect
www.marxmail.org