Greens demand business-friendly reforms

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at gmx.net
Fri Sep 27 02:42:33 MDT 2002

Michael writes:

> Johannes writes:
>
> I do not know whether this is common knowledge outside Germany, but the
> German Greens are definitely to the right of the Social Democrats. This is
> not just my opinion as a malevolent Marxist, but it is confirmed by
today's
> Financial Times (see below).
>
> -----
>
> Is this so surprising?

No, not at all for those living here in Germany

> Johannes, thanks for your German updates. Excuse my linguistic
limitations, but are there any decent English language outlets focusing on
Germany?

Not that I know about, if you are thinking of something more substantial
than ft.com, nyt.com, news.bbc.co.uk.

I used to forward occasioanally from www.faz.com, the website of
conservative daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, but due to the crisis in
the publishing business they switched from daily to weekly publication,
making it less interesting, but this week it has the election evaluation.

Johannes