Joint call by ANSWER and Not In Our Name for October 6 and 25 antiwar actions

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Mon Sep 30 13:43:58 MDT 2002

Joint message from the A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition (Act Now to
Stop War & End Racism) and Not In Our Name Project on
support for October 6 mass events and October 26 National
March to Stop the War on Iraq.

In the spirit of building the unity of anti-war forces,
the A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition and Not In Our Name Project
have issued the following joint statement--

We urge all those who oppose George Bush's planned war
against Iraq to actively mobilize for:

1. The October 6 mass protests against the U.S.
government's war on the world, detentions and roundups of
immigrants, and attacks on civil liberties, in Central
Park, NYC; San Francisco; Los Angeles and other cities.
For more information about how you can help build the
October 6 demonstrations, go to
http://www.notinourname.net.

2. The October 26 National March to Stop the War Against
Iraq in Washington, DC and San Francisco. March organizers
anticipate that hundreds of thousands will take to the
streets in Washington, DC, San Francisco and many other
countries that day. For more information on how you can
help build the October 26 National Demonstration go to
http://www.internationalanswer.org.