The mutation is complete

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Sep 30 14:10:51 MDT 2002

It appears that the butterfly has completed its transformation into a worm,
judging from this disgusting item that appears in a British tabloid. I cite
a section that is indistinguishable from the tripe you can read in The New
Republic or the Wall Street Journal editorial section.

HITCHENS: WE MUST FIGHT IRAQ

By Christopher Hitchens

(clip)

WE have inherited, along with the right to destroy an illegal system of
aggressive weaponry, a responsibility for the Iraqi and Kurdish peoples.

They are compelled to live with scarcity and fear in their daily existence,
as a result of the policies of a homicidal megalomaniac.

One day, this man's rule will be at an end. On that day, we want to be able
to look these people in the eye and tell them that we cared about them, too.

And a friendly Iraq, free again to trade and to make contact with the
outside world, could transform the atmosphere of the Middle East.

full:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page.cfm?objectid=12227453&method=full&siteid=50143

Louis Proyect
www.marxmail.org