Endorse the 3rd North American Conference of the Palestine Solidarity Movement -- Register Now (fwd)

PANKAJ MEHTA pankay at physics.rutgers.edu
Mon Aug 4 10:21:48 MDT 2003

Dear Yoshie and others,
	I have been working with New Jersey Solidarity for the past three
months. The events described in the email you forwarded occurred about one
month prior to my joining the organization. In my estimation, New Jersey
Solidarity is a completely democratic organization. Though I am new, I
have always been given an equal say. I am good friends with Jamal Al
Talib, the last name in the letter you forwarded,  and though he does not
agree with the  political line of the  organization, I have never heard
him call it  undemocratic. I think that it  is unfair of you to internal
organizational  matters  without first hand knowledge of what  transpired.
This is  irresponsible and divisive. You are spreading rumors and half
truths. For  example, Jamal is not an Arab but a white male who converted
to Islam.  If you had even remotely investigated the situation before
posting this to  two list serves, you would know that account you
present is incorrect.

I think the the Third National  Student Conference on the Palestinian
Solidarity Movement is well worth endorsing. In spite portrayals that it is
some small event, we expect close to 500 people to attend with 40% of that
number already registering. A broad spectrum of view will
be presented, including those that differ from New Jersey Solidarity. If
people have  questions about New Jersey Solidarity, please ask directly by
emailing info at njsolidarity.org.

-Pankaj Mehta.