Atomic bombing defended

Paddy Apling e.c.apling at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 6 11:35:28 MDT 2003

It became clear not too long after Hiroshima that the bomb was as much the
first shot in the "Cold War" against the USSR as a mans to end WWII - but as
a tank troop leader just returned from embarkation leave for the Far East I
well remember the cheers that went up among my troop at the news !!!

It almost certainly saved OUR lives !!

Paddy
NFHS Member #5594
Mailto:E.C.Apling at btinternet.com