Camejo a "leading candidate"...

Jose G. Perez jgperez at netzero.net
Sat Aug 9 16:17:45 MDT 2003

Adam writes: "They're giving plenty of coverage to the campaign Lt. Gov.
Cruz Bustamante."

They are?

I was just checking out, for example, the CNN video reports on the
recall on the web.

There is a 2 minute puff piece on Schwarzenegger and the Tabloids
focusing on his support for holocaust victims.

There is a 6 minute plus interview with Schwarzenegger himself.

There is a nearly 4 minute interview with Gary Coleman, mostly devoted
to pimping for Schwarzenegger.

There is a minute and a half piece on Davis's counter campaign that
mentions the terminator but not Bustamanete.

Finally, there is a 2-minute piece "democratic unity crumbles in
California" that shows Bustamante saying a few days before he would not
run and then showing him saying he would, and then making a joke about
the movie "Twins." Less than 30 seconds all told, but with as much time
devoted to non-candidate Feinstein.

BTW CNN pulled the same trick in their poll, doing a nine-candidate
version that included non-candidate Feinstein.

An interview with Arianna Huffington is also depicted as being
available, but when you go to the video choices screen --surprise!-- it
ain't there.

José