"shoot them"

LouPaulsen LouPaulsen at comcast.net
Sun Aug 10 12:00:01 MDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jose G. Perez" <jgperez at netzero.net>
To: <marxism at lists.panix.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2003 12:16 PM
Subject: RE: The world working class

> Richard Harris writes about the U.S. troops in Iraq:
>
> "Most lefts just say shoot them."
>
> My position EXACTLY -- but just for the brits.
>
> José

But isn't the idea "one world - one working class - one slogan - one size
fits all"?

Maybe we should have had a 'shoot your children in the military' leaflet for
the Bud Billiken parade, but in the event we settled on a leaflet that said
"Bring the troops home now - end the occupation of Iraq", with some other
text.  The idea is that we should actually organize workers instead of
horrifying and enraging them.  I guess that makes us right opportunists :-(

Lou Paulsen
Chicago