Moderator's warning; practical questions around antiwar stuff

Lee Hall leehall at sprynet.com
Mon Aug 11 01:58:11 MDT 2003

Foul language would not a reason to ban; such a ban would be overbroad for a
number of reasons, including some noted by Adam Levenstein. But neither does
it seem hopelessly bourgeois to reprehend the post in question.  The problem
was not so much the language, but the macho, meet-me-in-the-parking-lot
element in it that is, in my view, contrary to the purpose of this list.
Awfully ironic that the writer of that message used the word "peurile" to
describe someone else.

José, if you get an answer on ANSWER please share it.

Lee.