chips

dms dmschanoes at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 11 16:56:55 MDT 2003

While Paddy is working on that, I would like to offer that water is an area
where Marxists should concentrate some fire-- I'm talking about water
rights, water protection, water reclamation.

Obviously in the mid-East and Africa water rights are clearly political
issues (and the US Southwest, too).

But more sinister is the attempt at privatization which uses the existing
waste of, pollution of, and inadequacy of safe supplies to manufacture a
scarcity which is one of the original, primitive origins of private
property.

dms