Vernon Bellecourt on Holocausts

Jurriaan Bendien bendien at tomaatnet.nl
Tue Aug 12 05:05:15 MDT 2003

We've talked about the violence of Kent State and Jackson State. A lot of
times we wring our hands. We're frustrated. We're frustrated by the violence
of Columbine High School. And again, all the experts come on and try to tell
us why there is do much violence in the fabric of the American culture,
popular culture. Of course, if we were to talk about American
culture...that's another whole issue that would be very hard and very
difficult to divine, define, obviously.
We have a pretty good sense of violence. In the name of dominion, in the
name of manifest destiny, a peoples fleeing the countries of their origins
to escape from spiritual, cultural, social, economic, and political
persecution. And rightfully so and correctly so, many people came here as
the persecuted peoples in the countries  of their origins. But we have to
admit, and it's another good example of the latest wave of riff raff that
washed up on our shores recently in Florida,  in Miami, who, for whatever
reason, believe that parental rights are not important. And that they would
hold this young guy hostage.

And, again, all the talking heads will come on TV, and we heard the
ex-congressman from the state of Georgia, Newt Gingrich, talk about how this
is not America's values, to go into somebody's home and wrench the child
from their arms. We would like to remind Newt Gingrich and others, that they
benefit daily, from the results of the American Holocaust, ethnic cleansing
at its worst, that began when a virus washed up on our shores at Plymouth
Rock. And again at San Salvador Island. On San Salvador Island, when the
colonial pirate, Columbus landed here.

And as we talk about a holocaust that we should condemn throughout the
world, when we talk and condemn ethnic cleansing in Bosnia, Kosovo, Africa
and other parts of the world, Americans, daily benefit by the American
Holocaust, the American ethnic cleansing that claimed six million here in
what is called the United States in 500 years, let us condemn that also.
Let's condemn the holocaust that took place in Central and South America,
and let's condemn the U.S. complicity. The world knows that the United
States' Central Intelligence Agency and several presidents, beginning with
Eisenhower when he overthrew the democratically elected government in
Guatemala of Arbenz. In the last 15 years alone, 150,000 Mayan Indians, men,
women and children have been butchered, brutalized, tortured, murdered,
raped, buried and burnt alive. And are littered in mass graves throughout
the countryside of Guatemala. Why isn't America talking about this
continuing holocaust in Guatemala?

You know, after the Nazi holocaust of Europe, Justice Robert Jackson of the
U.S. Supreme Court, who was the chief American prosecutor at Nuremberg. In
listening to the protests of German Nazi military officers and the German
people, who are, incidentally still paying reparations today, Justice
Jackson responded to their protests of innocence in this way, "If certain
acts and violations of certain treaties are crimes, they are crimes whether
Germany commits them, or whether the United States commits them. We are not
prepared to impose a code of criminal conduct against others, that we would
not be willing to have invoked against us."

America is faced with a moral dilemma. America is faced with a dilemma of
such awesome destructive proportions. What your government has done, and
continues to do in Guatemala are crimes against humanity of the worst kind,
and you must join us in demanding that the World Court in the Netherlands,
in the Hague and at the Permanent U.N. War Crimes Tribunal, which
incidentally, Jesse Helms and other politicians are opposed to, when it
comes to trying the United States for crimes against humanity. And the
Physicians for Human Rights, out of Boston, who are doing the forensic digs
throughout Kosovo, that they can now come home, and go to Guatemala, so we
can show them where 427 native villages used to stand, where there are now
mass graves throughout the countryside.

During the height of the Apartheid era in Azania, South Africa, a lot of
American politicians, like they often do, went to South Africa, and one such
person was Senator Ted Kennedy, who, after some time of preaching to the
Apartheid regime, was interrupted by Pik Botha, at that time, the Foreign
Minister, Botha correctly challenged the Senator by saying, "Senator, some
of us strongly believe that Americans are the last people that can go around
the world, preaching morality. What we are doing to the blacks in Africa
today, is what you have already done, and continue to do, to the American
Indian." True words spoken by this racist.

Source:
http://www.may41970.com/May%204,%202000/30th%20Commemoration%20Report/Speech
es/VernonBellecourt.htm