SWP (US) Work in Britain

Paul Flewers trusscott.foundation at virgin.net
Wed Aug 13 15:43:47 MDT 2003

I haven't seen the British sympathisers of the US SWP for ages. I used to go
every now and again to their London bookshop in The Cut to browse and
occasionally to buy something (I work nearby), but it never seems to be open
these days. They were seen as rather odd here because of their insistence on
selling the US Militant and for being rather fond of Cuba, which is a
considerably less popular position to take here than amongst the US left. I
believe that they were called the Communist League, although a Healyite
sub-sub-split-off also called itself by that name, just to confuse things.

Paul F