SWP policy, as I recall it, on travel to Cuba

Laura Kamienski tkd at kicks4women.com
Thu Aug 14 07:54:49 MDT 2003

Louis Proyect wrote:
> Laura Kamienski wrote:

> We are not sectarian, if you mean something like this:
>
> "If we have no business with the construction of the future or with
> organizing it for all time, there can still be no doubt about the task
> confronting us at present: the _ruthless criticism of the existing
> order_, ruthless in that it will shrink neither from its own
> discoveries, nor from conflict with the powers that be."
>
> Karl Marx, Letter to Ruge, 1843

Criticism about strategy is one thing. Personal here say and anecdotes
are another. Something I've never experienced from the party in a public
forum. I am a firm proponent of discipline and organizational structure.
   Furthermore, I implicitly trust comrade Barry Shepard, Mary Alice
Waters and the NC of the SWP. My experience with them has proven nothing
short of a disciplined, well organized, _principled_ non-sectarian party
whose analysis, action and strategy is impeccable. Nuff said. I hope
they are monitoring this list. I will not respond to any more of this.
If you wish to discuss SWP strategy or analysis I'll be happy to join in.

lk

--
Kicks Martial Arts for Women
Post Office Box 579

A National Women's Martial Arts Federation and
International Tae Kwon Do Union school.

"Women must learn to believe in the power of women."
						--Joanna Russ