SWP policy, as I recall it, on travel to Cuba

Jose G. Perez jgperez at netzero.net
Thu Aug 14 10:05:55 MDT 2003

Louis wrote:

>>You should also be aware that the Militant wrote a polemic against
Jose  Perez when he criticized the party's characterization of the INS
raid on the Elian Gonzalez as an attack on undocumented workers. (I must
add that the article can no longer be found in the Militant archives.)<<

GASP! My sole claim to immortality, the footnote in the Collected Works
of Steve Clark, gone! Tell me (sob) it isn't so!!!

Well, actually, it isn't so. I don't know why the Militant's search
engine won't find it, but it won't find it under my name, or Elian's
name, or INS raid, but it *will* find it under Steve Clark's name.

So the article is still there, for the instruction of all those who are
so petty-bourgeois that they think like me that the rescuing of Elián
González from the clutches of the counterrevolutionary Miami Mafia was a
good thing. This is the link:
http://themilitant.com/2000/6420/642058.html.

My posts, for which Steve gave me such a spanking are here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/marxism@lists.panix.com/msg03504.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/marxism@lists.panix.com/msg03537.html

And people not intimate with the SWP and all that might get some
background information in this post.

http://www.mail-archive.com/marxism@lists.panix.com/msg03612.html

The Militant's own articles about the raid are on their web site
www.themilitant.com Just click on browse back issues (top right home
page), select the year 2000, and look at the May 8, 2000, and subsequent
issues. There are way too many to list here, and I'm sure to miss some
if I tried.

José