SWP policy on Cuba

DMS dmschanoes at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 14 09:17:33 MDT 2003

I sense a storm brewing about this and far be it from
me to pour oil on troubled waters, but  there really is
an issue that Jose and Walter address, at least paritally,
and the SWP, and Laura after it, ignores.  And that is simply
What was in the best interest of the child?  We are after
all dealing with a young boy who has seen his mother die
and is not being paraded in front of cameras like a
prisoner of war.

So what was in the best interest of the child?  And if
the answer is "to be reunited with his father," then
that's that, and  criticism of the US should center
on allowing the Miami group to take control of the child
in the first place.

dms