SWP policy, as I recall it, on travel to Cuba

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Sat Aug 16 09:18:30 MDT 2003

I went to Nicaragua in 1982 as an SWP member, and with the encouragement of
the party. Around 1984, Michael Baumann informed me that, since I was still
living in Nicaragua, I had been dropped from party membership. He argued
that this was because I could not be subject to "party discipline" while
living down there. Thus, I agree with David M.'s response to Juan.

Mike