Blackouts and Knockouts

David McDonald dbmcdonald at comcast.net
Sat Aug 16 10:23:20 MDT 2003

DMS wrote:

For the record, it was all my fault, and Les and Richard
Harris are soon-to-be-indicted co-conspirators:

The last message I sent, offlist, was to comrade Harris
re: Elian...

And I wrote something like--  "Man, I'm steamed [re Elian]! It's going to be
one nasty rush hour for anyone who decides to
screw around in GCT this PM."

David McDonald replies:

I for one have found dms's posts relating to his work to be intensely
interesting, and I hope he will provide some insider's account of
interesting stuff, whatever that may entail, that occurred after the
blackout. He appears to be situated in Central Central of one of the biggest
transportation centers of the world.

Louis relates that he climbed 13 floors and then sweltered, trying to keep
himself somehow amused, presumably on that self-same 13th floor. What did
people who live on the 25th, 35th, 45th, etc., floors do?