Selling the invasion

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 16 16:10:28 MDT 2003

There's a new book out, Weapons of Mass Deception: The Uses of Propaganda in
Bush's War on Iraq. In today's online edition of Counterpunch at
http://www.counterpunch.org/stclair08162003.html, Jeffrey St. Clair reviews
the book but basically provides a very detailed summary of the machinations
which went into the buildup to the invasion of Iraq. I couldn't even begin
to pick out excerpts to post here; if the way the ruling class manipulates
the masses is a subject that interests you, I couldn't recommend this
article more highly.

Also worth reading is the article by Saul Landau on 50 years of the Cuban
revolution. He does manage one snide comment: "I say the Cuban Revolution
was a success. Note the past tense." Curiously, though, his followup on this
comment is rather weak, almost nonexistent. In any case, the article is
worth reading as well: http://www.counterpunch.org/landau08162003.html