Thank you!

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 14:34:36 MDT 2003

Jon wrote:

>Please DO NOT OPEN any email that contains any of the following subject
>lines:

>Please DO NOT OPEN OR VIEW any attachments that contain files with the
>following names:

Actually if you have the ability to set spam filters based on CONTENT
instead of just subject lines or attachments (not everyone does), then you
can filter for the content "Please see the attached file for details." (or
some subset thereof) and take in all of these possibilities.

Incidentally, I have confirmed on another group I belong to a HUGE increase
(5-10x) in spam within the last 48 hours, there is nothing unique about
Marxmail subscribers or in any way should anyone suspect they are getting
spam because the "From" address is from another Marxmail subscriber. This IN
NO WAY proves or even suggests that that person is infected with a virus,
although it PROBABLY means that someone somewhere who knows that person is
infected. I operate from a more or less virus-proof Mac, and I know for a
fact that people have gotten spam with my (forged) From address. It means
nothing.

Personally I suspect al Qaeda trying to bring down the American economy.
It's certainly working to reduce my productivity substantially; as fast as I
delete spam, and update spam filters, the spam keeps coming in. Analagous to
a line I heard Jim Hightower use on Democracy Now! this morning, quoting
Lily Tomlin: "No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up."