Thank you!

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 14:46:30 MDT 2003

For at least a year, I've regularly gotten several emails a week I never
sent bounced back to my account with the information that I had sent
someone a virus.  So someone has clearly taken to using that address to
spam and to circulate viruses.  Any of us can reset our return addresses
to mail things showing somebody else's return address.  However, there
seems to have been a worm in the Yahoo groups that harvested addresses
from lists.

This is, of course, more than an annoyance that some academic listserve
says that they've gotten an email with a subject line like "College
Girls Gone Wild" from your email address.  Still, there seems to be
nothing for it.

Best,
Mark L.