"Nukculurr" Warfare in Iraq

viveka kaliyuga at humboldt1.com
Wed Aug 20 13:04:50 MDT 2003

Jim quotes from Pilger:

>What happened in
> the Gulf was a form of nuclear warfare.'
>
> 'The second issue is the denial of medical care to American and British
and
> other allied soldiers; and the tens of thousands of Iraqis contaminated.
At
> international symposiums, I have watched Iraqi officials approach their
> counterparts from the Department of Defence and Ministry of Defence and
ask,
> plead, for help with decontamination. The Iraqis didn't use depleted
> uranium; it was not their weapon. They simply don't know how to get rid of
> it from their environment. I watched them put their case, describing the
> deaths and horrific deformities that are showing up; and I watched them
> rebuffed. It was pathetic.'  " (pp. 51-52)

I'm trying to think of what the downside is to U.S. corporate/military
interests to have entire countries (Iraq, Serbia) littered with depleted
uranium and to be able to use that threat against other potential usurpers,
but I just can't think of any.

Only a fool (or worse yet, a "liberal" fool) would think the response to
pleas for mercy and reason would be anything but a deaf ear.

Maggie