"Support the troops"? Why the words matter.

Tom O'Lincoln suarsos at alphalink.com.au
Wed Aug 20 17:49:57 MDT 2003

Lou, you really must start paying attention.

I do not think that "Ester represents a social patriotic deviation or that
Stan Goff was remiss by posting her sentiments".

I said in an earlier post that if military families make statements like
this, we should be delighted. In the very post you're replying to, I spoke
of "Stan Goff's laudable efforts". Whatever ghosts and monsters you're
trying to fight, I'm not one of them.

You write: "If you've lived in Missouri (I was born there), you'd realize
how important this statement is." I've lived in America, and I do realise
how important the statement is. That is why the debate is concrete and not,
as you suggested, "surreal".