Geneva Convention expert needed

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 21 18:36:38 MDT 2003

In a discussion on another list, I've been discussing war crimes and
asserting that deliberate attacks on infrastructure (electrical plants,
water purification plants) as well as deliberate attacks on civilians (in
the case, the bombing of Serbian TV) were prohibited by the "Geneva
Convention." I've taken those things as articles of faith. Now someone
disagrees and claims that's not true and demands proof. I can find the
Geneva Conventions (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) online but a not-so-quick perusal
turns up no such prohibitions. Am I looking in the wrong place? Is there
anyone who can shed light on this question, preferably with a source I can
refer to?