correction

Zak McGregor zak at mighty.co.za
Sun Aug 24 13:24:20 MDT 2003

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:02:29 +0200 (CEST)
ben joseph <benjoseph at ifrance.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Xenon Zi-Neng Yuan wrote:
>
> > how many people here are still using a unix console or telnet to check
> > their email?
> >
> I do - and i hate browser/web mail solutions:

I am not console-based, but do dislike browser-based bulletin board solutions
for reasons I enumerated a while back on this list.

> Yes moderators do have much more power - they can even make whole threads
> disappear in a twinkle of an eye - no, i do NOT think that Louis would do such
> a thing, but i am pointing out the problems of such systems.

That, and the very ability to edit one's posts can be viewed as a double-edged
sword. Not helpful to a meaningful dialogue in which context is very important,
IMHO.

Zak