URL or Post?

Alain St-Amour alainstamour at mail.com
Sun Aug 24 13:32:58 MDT 2003

Hi,

My practice has been to post the entire article to the list simply to ensure that we have it. As you pointed out, URL’s can disappear or change.

But URL’s aside, articles themselves can also disappear or change which, I believe, is another reason to have a record of that article somewhere. Should we establish a standard for posting articles?

This standard should:

1)	Reduce bandwidth size
2)	Reduce download time
3)	Ensure access to the articles
4)	Require minimal effort in implementing and maintaining

Suggestions

1)	Developing a list strictly for posting articles.
2)	Posting articles directly to www.marxmail.org
3)	Based on the 2nd suggestion, these postings could generate a regular newsletter-type digest that would give the URL and a paragraph or two about the article. The site www.informationclearinghouse.info has a similar newsletter and it’s pretty handy.

I don’t know whether these suggestions are feasible or practical, but I look forward to some feedback.

Comradely,
Alain St-Amour