Chat vs. Archival posts (was: Re: Speaking of help...

Zak McGregor zak at mighty.co.za
Sun Aug 24 19:52:49 MDT 2003

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 17:59:01 -0700
"dms" <dmschanoes at earthlink.net> trolled:

> For example, should LP's posts on Erich Ambler be tagged as "non-archival"
> or "non-scholarly" ?

While I suspect you may be trying to be humourous, it is clear that you're not
very good at it. Please keep yout ill-informed piffle off the list. If you had 2
firing synapses in your skull, you'd understand that X-no-archive is an accepted
standard email header, the presence of which can and does influence certain
repositories and archives in their storage methods for said messages. It has
nothing to do with subjective evaluation of the content of the email; it merely
provides a technical method for authors of emails to specify that the message
should not be archived.

If Louis is really concerned abut bandwidth, it is my humble opinion that
unsubbing you would be a phenomenally productive approach to start with.