Chat vs. Archival posts (was: Re: Speaking of help...

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Sun Aug 24 22:12:12 MDT 2003

DMS wrote:

> I was responding to Lou Paulsen's rather narrowminded ratings guide
> to what was scholarly enough and what wasn't.

i took Lou Pa as raising a rather harmless issue about how to
practically sort out different kinds of posts to the list.

me, i'm most always ready to chat up movies.... if there's time. but
nothing wrong with discussing offering subscribers mechanisms for
filtering out stuff they won't read anyway.

les schaffer