U.S. killing "not error," Reuters cameraman's brother says

David Quarter davidquarter at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 26 06:40:28 MDT 2003

From:   Geese 4 Peace
---------------------------
from
The Mirror
Tues, Aug 26, 2003

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/content_objectid=13334374_
method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-US-KILLING--NOT-ERROR--
name_page.html

US KILLING 'NOT ERROR'

A REUTERS cameraman was deliberately killed by US troops after
he filmed them digging a mass grave, his brother claims.

Mazen Dana, 43, was shot dead by a US tank as he filmed outside
an American-run Baghdad prison.

The US army has insisted that in a "terrible tragedy" his camera
was mistaken for a rocket-propelled grenade launcher.

But Nazmi Dana said: "The US troops killed my brother in cold
blood.

"Mazen told me by phone a few days before his death that he
discovered a mass grave dug by US troops to conceal the bodies
of their fellow comrades killed in Iraqi resistance attacks.

"US forces knowingly killed him to prevent him from airing his
finding."