The human cost of budget cuts

Charles Jannuzi b_rieux at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 1 20:13:40 MST 2003

Gotta be careful with this one guys. The reason
the space shuttle program exists is its utility
for the US military and its Star Wars plans. So
pretty soon all the conservatives and
reactionaries will be telling us how 8 years of
Clinton (and not screwed up mission management
and faulty, overpriced contracting) did this to
those 7 space pioneers. I for one think we need
to demilitarize the entire space program--indeed,
demilitarize most of the federal budget. Oh, you
dreamer.

I do have to ask, gosh, at this rate, how are we
ever going to get to warp drive?

C. Jannuzi