What the hell? The Nation Pimps Fox News

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Feb 3 09:52:06 MST 2003

M. Alam wrote:
> Looking at the latest copy of The Nation that comes in my mail (my dad's
> copy of course, I only subscribe to MR, radical that I am) I turn to the
> back cover and lo and behold, a full color full page advertisement for
> FOX NEWS! No I'm not joking and it isn't a parody...funny stuff.

I don't know if they are still doing it, but at one point the Nation was
*buying ad time* on the wretched Batchelor and Alexander talk show on
WABC-AM in NYC, where Stephen Cohen and his wife Nation editor Katrina
vanden Heuvel are occasional guests. These are two raving lunatic
warhawks who gloat over the prospect of Iraq being nuked. (I should add
that I am referring to Batchelor and Alexander, not Cohen and vanden
Heuvel.)

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org