(fwd from Schanoes) Re: labour aristocracy, cont.

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Tue Feb 4 19:40:07 MST 2003

TOL,

I don't agree Tom.  What this guy is suggesting is a total disavowal of
reality, of what has occurred since 1973.  Better off?  Stayed the same.
The issue is not one of the Consumer Price Index.  It's one of poverty
levels, access to higher wage rates, number of workers employed at higher
wages, transformation of the employment distribution from manufacturing to
services.

If this were a non-Marxist group discussion, that would be one thing, but
this...pseudo-Marxism,  I just can't tolerate it.

The problem is, or maybe isn't, that I express myself in the most forecful
way possible.

Anyway, I'll be in touch if LP pulls the pin on me.
dms