PR Truths from Hill & Knowlton to Benador Associates

Gilles d'Aymery aymery at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 5 14:23:54 MST 2003

We all remember the incubators' story in 1991, cleverly concocted in the
offices of the Hill & Knowlton PR firm. (312 babies taken out of the
incubators..., told Nayirah...)

In 1993/1999, in the Balkans, it was Ruder & Finn
Quote: Ruder & Finn used to list among its clients "[The] Republic of Albania,
Republic of Bosnia-Herzegovina, Republic of Croatia, 'Republic of Kosova'
(emphasis added)" in its Tourism & Economic Development - International
Relations Section of its Web site. One of his directors, James Harff, was
interviewed by Jacques Merlino, a French journalist, in April 1993 (yes, as far
back as 1993!). In that interview Mr. Harff expressed his satisfaction for
having influenced - others would say manipulated - the Jewish public opinion.
Ruder & Finn had been instrumental in pushing the story of Serbian
concentration camps. Eventually, Newsday published those stories. Says
Harff: "That was a tremendous coup. When the Jewish organizations entered
the game on the side of the Bosnians, we could promptly equate the Serbs
with the Nazis in the public mind
 By a single move we were able to present
a simple story of good guys and bad guys which would hereafter play itself
.
Almost immediately there was a clear change of language in the press, with
use of words with emotional content such as 'ethnic cleansing' and
'concentration camps,' which evoke images of Nazi Germany and the gas
chambers of Auschwitz." Merlino then asks, "when you did this, you had no
proof that what you said was true." Harff: "Our work is not to verify
information
. Our work is to accelerate the circulation of information
favorable to us
. We are professionals. We had a job to do and we did it.
We are not paid to moralize."Unquote
http://www.swans.com/library/art7/ga103.html

Well, in 2001/2003, it's Benador Associates...

"Each of our experts is nationally and internationally recognized on issues of
the Middle East and national security, among others. We are confident each
of them makes your event, radio or television show a unique one."

"Among the speakers are James Woolsey, A.M. Rosenthal, Richard Perle,
and the Iraqi nuclear scientist, Dr. Khidhir Hamza."
http://www.benadorassociates.com/about.php

"The truth must be told about Iraq. The opportunity to liberate Iraq should not
be missed. We must not shrink the duty to rescue the peoples of Iraq from
their oppressors.

To re-focus the Iraqi debate on the need to achieve genuine and verifiable
disarmament, and to underline the need for liberating the peoples of Iraq from
their shackles, we are organising this first seminar in Washington, D.C.

Our message is clear: Saddam must go. The war machine assembled by the
tyrant to terrorise and kill must be broken.

Iraq must have a new government of its free choosing.

We were warned of the dangers that led to September 11 and we did not
listen.  Now, we are warned of the dangers coming from Saddam Hussein's
diabolic regime if we allow it to reign further.

The United States and its allies must act to support the peoples of Iraq
achieve their freedom and at the same time eliminate one of the greatest
dangers the civilized world is facing.

And the time to act is NOW."
http://www.benadorassociates.com/events.php?id=51

So it goes...