World's Nations Oppose War Against Iraq

Juan Fajardo fajardos at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 5 20:09:24 MST 2003

> marxism-digest      Wednesday, February 5 2003      Volume 01 : Number 5429

> Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 06:03:50 -0500
> From: davidquarter at sympatico.ca
> Subject: World's Nations Oppose War Against Iraq [WWW.STOPNATO.ORG.UK]

I did a rough count this morning based on anti-war websites and found
that anti-war actions have been announced for some 116 locales worldwide
for Feb. 15, with another 4 set for Feb. 16.  Of those 116, some over 40
are in the US.   Naturally, this means that there are many more that
have been publicized the old-fashioned way or simply have not had their
info forwarded to the websites I checked.

The locales mentioned are:

IN THE USA:
Los Angeles		Sacramento
New York		Colorado Springs
Charleston
	Charlotte
Phoenix
		St. Augustine
Olympia
		Corpus Christi
Youngstown
	San Luis Obispo
Melbourne
	Lancaster
Eugene
		Lansing
Chicago
		Santa Monica
Seattle
		Wassau
San Jose		Santa Cruz
North Newton		Naples
Huntington
	Philadelphia
Pittsboro
	Indianapolis
Dallas
		St. Louis
Tehachapi
	Savannah
Fresno
		Jefferson City
Las Cruces		Durango
Sarasota
	Houston
Miami
		Temple
Atlanta
		Raleigh

San Francisco (Feb. 16th)

OUTSIDE USA:

Prince Albert		Calgary
Amsterdam
	Antwerp
Auckland
	Athens
Bangkok
		Belfast
Berlin
		Berne
Brussels
	Budapest
Cairo
		Cape Town
Copenhagen
	Dublin
Edmonton
	Glasgow
Havana
		Helsinki
Islamabad
	Istanbul
Jakarta
		Johannesburg
Kuala Lumpur		Lahore
Turku
		Lisbon
Ljubljana
	London
Madrid
		Montreal
Oslo
		Paris
Manila
		Prague
Ramallah
	Reunion Island
Reykjavik
	Rome
San Juan		Santo Domingo
Sao Paulo		Seoul
Skopje
		Stockholm
Sydney
		Tallinn
Tojyo
		Matsumoto
Mexico City		Valetta
Vienna
		Warsaw
Wellington
	A Coruna
Granada
		Cordoba (Spain)
Toronto
		Osaka
Vilnius
		Wollagong
Rockhampton
	Canberra
Luxembourg
	Cyprus
Dili
		Foster
Geelong
		Perth
Poznan
		Kiev
Kigali
		Busan
Brisbane

and, on Feb. 16th:
Mount Gambier, Clare, and Adelaide

It should be quite a day, to say the least!

- Juan Fajardo