Indymedia Macroeconomic and Geostrategic Analysis of reasons for war

paul illich paul_illich at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 7 16:53:28 MST 2003

[ URL substituted for entire article ]

http://www.indymedia.org/print.php3?article_id=231238

THE REAL REASONS FOR THE UPCOMING WAR IN IRAQ:

A Macroeconomic and Geostrategic Analysis of the Unspoken Truth

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never
was and never will be ...  The People cannot be safe without
information. When the press is free, and every man is able to read,
all is safe."

Those words by Thomas Jefferson embody the unfortunate state of
affairs that have beset our nation. As our government prepares to go
to war with Iraq, our country seems unable to answer even the most
basic questions about this war. First, why is there virtually no
international support to topple Saddam? If Iraqâ?™s WMD program truly
possessed the threat level that President Bush has repeatedly
purported, why is there no international coalition to militarily
disarm Saddam? Secondly, despite over 300 unfettered U.N inspections
to date, there has been no evidence reported of a reconstituted Iraqi
WMD program. Third, and despite Bushâ?™s rhetoric, the CIA has not
found any links between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda. To the contrary,
some analysts believe it is far more likely Al Qaeda might acquire an
unsecured former Soviet Union Weapon(s) of Mass Destruction, or
potentially from sympathizers within a destabilized Pakistan.

Moreover, immediately following Congressâ?™s vote on the Iraq
Resolution, we suddenly became aware of North Koreaâ?™s nuclear
program violations. Kim Jong Il is processing uranium in order to
produce nuclear weapons this year. President Bush has not provided a
rationale answer as to why Saddamâ?™s seemingly dormant WMD program
possesses a more imminent threat that North Koreaâ?™s active program?
Strangely, Donald Rumsfeld suggested that if Saddam were �exiled�
we could avoid an Iraq war?  Confused yet?  Well, Iâ?™m going to give
their game away - the core driver for toppling Saddam is actually the
euro currency, the €.

full at: http://www.indymedia.org/print.php3?article_id=231238