quote for the day.......

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sat Feb 8 22:34:21 MST 2003

In war the strong make slaves of the weak, and in
peace the rich make slaves of the poor. We must work
to live, and they give us such mean wages that we die.
We toil for them all day long, and they heap up gold
in their coffers, and our children fade away before
their time, and the faces of those we love become hard
and evil. We tread out the grapes, and another drinks
the wine. We sow the corn, and our own board is empty.

We have chains, though no eyes behold them; and are
slaves, though men call us free.

Oscar Wilde, 'The Young King'

=====
http://www.iww.org/