Rummy Democracy

LouPaulsen LouPaulsen at attbi.com
Mon Feb 10 06:50:49 MST 2003

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,892464,00.html

The Guardian reports, in the above linked article, that in the midst of the
current "transatlantic slanging match", or interimperialist struggle over
the spoils,

"Mr Rumsfeld, a leading US hawk, said it was not surprising if public
opinion in Germany and France was opposed to war in Iraq if their
governments were."

Rumsfeld expresses irritation with Schroeder and Chirac's argument that
because the majorities in their countries are against war, this somehow
means that as democratic leaders they should not go to war.  What
foolishness!  This just means, Rumsfeld says, that you haven't lied to them
assiduously enough.  Look at the US!  Our majority is pro-war, at least if
you ask the question in a slanted enough way, because we have been busy
lying to them all year about it.  Don't you know that we

" .. should not become a constable of public opinion, but must dominate it.
[We] must not become a servant of the masses, but their master!"
-- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

LPa