The "Franco-German Peace Plan"

Jay Moore pieinsky at igc.org
Mon Feb 10 18:31:11 MST 2003

I certainly wouldn't want to defend how Maoist China -- at least late Maoist
China -- handled the contradictions.  But, as an old Maoist it makes sense
to me in a case like this to go back to Mao's essay "On Contradictions"
about "primary" and "secondary" contradictions.  U.S. imperialism is the
primary contradiction, the main enemy of the world's peoples.  Saddam
Hussein's regime is one of a greater number of secondary contradictions.
Plus, isn't my memory correct that Lenin's Bolsheviks supported the emir of
Afghanistan of his day to the extent -- and to that extent only -- that he
was an obstacle to the larger imperialist threat, the Brits?

jay
www.neravt.com/left/