Plans to respond to outbreak of war

Ralph Johansen michele at maui.net
Tue Feb 11 13:33:09 MST 2003

EMERGENCY RESPONSE PROTESTS AND WALKOUTS

As the Bush Administration threatens to wage a
unilateral war of aggression we must do all we can to
make this movement the single biggest obstacle to war.
We do not believe that war in inevitable. However, if
the war starts we must be organized to resist and
disable the war machine.

The DAY a new U.S. war on Iraq starts -- EMERGENCY
PROTEST at a central location -- in Washington, D.C.
at the White House, in New York at Times Square, in
San Francisco at Powell and Market -- to protest the
war followed by a march through city neighborhoods
beginning at 5 p.m. (the next day at 5 p.m. of the
bombing begins at night). Many cities and communities
have a tradition of holding these emergency actions in
response to U.S. military aggression. If your
community does not have a traditional plan, pick a
busy location/intersection, a Federal Building, Town
Hall, etc.

THE MORNING AFTER THE WAR STARTS -- WALK OUT/STAYAWAY!
ORGANIZE WALK OUTS from school, work, leave your home.
Spend the morning leafleting for people to join the
anti-war movement. A.N.S.W.E.R. offices and organizing
centers around the country will be open in the morning
to pick up leaflets and from there you can head out
with others into your community. Converge mid-day at
noon at city centers -- in Washington, D.C. at the
White House, in New York City at Union Square, in San
Francisco at Civic Center Plaza -- to engage in
protest actions against the war. Download flyers at
www.internationalanswer.org and locate organizing
centers in your area.

THE FIRST SATURDAY AFTER -- CONVERGE AT THE WHITE
HOUSE -- The Saturday after a new war on Iraq is
launched, thousands of people will be converging at
the White House in Washington DC at 12 noon.

To list your city's Emergency Response Mobilization
Plan, fill out the form at
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/emerg/index.html#emergevent
(if the link does not take you directly to the form,
just scroll down)

---------------------------------------

FEBRUARY 15 & 16 MASS ACTIONS
Part of the February 13-21 Week of Resistance

On February 15, there will be demonstrations in
thousands of cities across the country and around the
world in response to the call issued from the European
anti-war movement. The A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition joins
with the hundreds of organizations who will be
mobilizing for the NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles and other
regional and local actions on that day. On February
16, there will be a mass action in San Francisco
co-sponsored by the A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition, Bay Area
United Against War, Not in Our Name Project, and
United for Peace and Justice.

In New York City, join A.N.S.W.E.R. on Friday,
February 14 for a teach-in from 9 am to 4 pm on
Building an anti-war movement that connects the
struggle against war on Iraq with the fight for social
and economic justice and civil rights at home,
followed by an Indoor Rally from 7 to 10 pm on Linking
the struggle against corporate globalization, war,
militarism and racism. Both events will take place at
Community Church, 35th St. between Park and Madison
Ave.

To find out about FEBRUARY 15 & 16 LOCAL AND REGIONAL
EVENTS, AND BUSES TO THEM GO TO:
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/f15/f15transp.html

Fill out this form if you are ORGAINZING A LOCAL OR
REGIONAL EVENT:
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/f15/index.html#feb15event
(If the link does not take you directly to the form,
scroll down to the form entitled "List your local area
February 15th event")

Fill out this form if you are ORGANIZING
TRANSPORTATION TO A REGIONAL EVENT:
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/f15/index.html#f15transp
(If the link does not take you directly to the form,
scroll down to the form entitled "Fill out this form
to list details about transportation to February 15 &
16 regional events")

For more information, go to:

http://www.VoteNoWar.org
dc at internationalanswer.org
New York 212-633-6646
Washington 202-544-3389
Los Angeles 213-487-2368
San Francisco 415-821-6545

To make a tax-deductible donation, go to
http://www.internationalanswer.org/donate.html

Sign up to receive updates (low volume):
http://www.internationalanswer.org/subscribelist.html