Orange Alert for democratic rights: the judge's decision

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Tue Feb 11 20:40:11 MST 2003

Right on the money, Jose. However, I do think that the demonstration will
overwhelm police constraints by sheer numbers and anger, whatever the
organizers plan. Of course if UPJ DOESN'T plan appropriately and the
protest splits up into a lot of smaller spontaneous actions, trashing,
etc., THAT'S when police will resort to overt repression and have some
success in legitimizing it. So the responsibility rests with the leaders to
lead!