momentum towards the euro
durable at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 14 07:31:35 MST 2003
The following includes Henry C. K. Liu as a reference.
Independent Media Center
The Real but Unspoken Reasons for the Upcoming Iraq War (english) Sunday 26 Jan
author: W. Clark (wrc92 at aol.com)
Although completely suppressed in the U.S. media, the answer to the Iraq enigma
is simple yet shocking - it an an oil CURRENCY war. The Real Reason for this
upcoming war is this administration's goal of preventing further OPEC momentum
towards the euro as an oil transaction currency standard. However, in order to
pre-empt OPEC, they need to gain geo-strategic control of Iraq along with its
2nd largest proven oil reserves. This lengthy essay will discuss the
macroeconomics of the "petro-dollar" and the unpublicized but real threat to
U.S. economic hegemony from the euro as an alternative oil transaction currency.
... main body cut, see link above for complete text.
For those who would like to review the impact of depleting hydrocarbon reserves
from the geo-political perspective, and the potential ramifications to how this
may ultimately create an erosion of our civil liberties and democratic
processes, retired U.S. Special Forces officer Stan Goff offers a sobering
analysis in his essay: "The Infinite War and Its Roots" (20). Likewise, for
those who wish to review the unspeakable evidence surrounding the September 11th
tragedy, the controversial essay "The Enemy Within" by the famous American
writer Gore Vidal offers a thorough introduction. Although published in Italy
and a major UK newspaper, The Observer, you will not read Gore Vidal's
controversial essay in the U.S. media. Note: Gore Vidal's latest book, Dreaming
War" features this as the opening essay (21). Finally, The War on Freedom" by
British political scientist Nafeez Ahmed asks disconcerting questions about the
9/11 tragedy (22).
(1)London, Heidi Kingstone, "Middle East: Trouble in the House of Saud" (January
13, 2003) http://www.jrep.com/Mideast/Article-0.html
(2)Recknagel, Charles, 'Iraq: Baghdad Moves to Euro' (November 1, 2000)
(3)Gutman, Roy & Barry, John, Beyond Baghdad: Expanding Target List: Washington
looks at overhauling the Islamic and Arab world (August 11, 2002)
(4)'Economics Drive Iran Euro Oil Plan, Politics Also Key' (August 2002)
(5)"Forex Fund Shifting to Euro," Iran Financial News, (August 25, 2002)
(6)Costello, Tom, "Japan's Economy at Risk of Collapse" (December 11, 2002)
(7) Gluck, Caroline, "North Korea embraces the euro" (December 1, 2002)
(8) "What the World Thinks in 2002 : How Global Publics View: Their Lives, Their
Countries, The World, America" (2002)
(9) "Euro continues to extend its global influence" (January 7, 2002)
(10) Henderson, Hazel, "Beyond Bush"s Unilateralism: Another Bi-Polar World or A
New Era of Win-Win?" (June 2002)
(11) Birms, Larry & Volberding, Alex, "U.S. is the Primary Loser in Failed
Venezuelan Coup," Newsday (April 21, 2002)
(12) "USA intelligence agencies revealed in plot to oust Venezuela's President,"
(Dec 12, 2002) http://www.vheadline.com/0212/14248.asp (link now dead)
(13) Liu, Henry C K, 'US Dollar hegemony has got to go," (Asia Times, April 11,
(14) "The Choice of Currency for the Denomination of the Oil Bill," Speech given
by Javad Yarjani, Head of OPEC"s Marketing Analysis Department (April, 2002)
(15) Dr. Ali, Nayyer, "Iraq and Oil," (December 13, 2002)
(16) Pfeiffer, Dale, "Much Ado about Nothing -- Whither the Caspian Riches? "
(December 5, 2002) http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/120502_caspian.html
(17) Ruppert, Michael, "The Unseen Conflict," (October 18,
(18) Jean Charles-Briscard & Guillaume Dasquie, "The Forbidden Truth:
U.S.-Taliban Secret Oil Diplomacy, Saudi Arabia and the Failed Search for bin
Laden", Nation Books, 2002.
(19) Ruppert, Michael, "Colin Campbell on Oil."(October 23,
(20) Golf, Stan, "The Infinite War and its Roots,"
(21) Vidal, Gore, "Dreaming War: Blood for Oil & the Cheney-Bush Junta," Nation
Books, 2002. His essay, "The Enemy Within" was first printed in the UK's
Observer (Oct 27, 2002) http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/EnemyWithin.html
(22) Ahmed, Nafeez, "The War on Freedom: How and Why America was Attacked,
September 11, 2001", Tree of Life Publications, 2002.
Any comments now that you know the truth?
PLEASE clip all extraneous text before replying to a message.
More information about the Marxism