Eric Alterman: I will support the war when it starts

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Feb 14 16:19:35 MST 2003

"The [American] people are smarter than that, even though they may be
largely ignorant about key facts. This does not mean that they won't
support a war when it finally comes. I will too."

http://www.msnbc.com/news/752664.asp

The above comes from Nation Magazine editor Eric Alterman's MSNBC blog.
Just as fellow Nation Magazine editor David Corn draws a check from
Murdoch's Fox News, so does Alterman have ties to another mainstream cable
network that is preparing the American people for Bush's blitzkreig.

In a few days, I will be posting a lengthy review of Tariq Ali's "Clash of
Fundamentalisms". After that's done, I plan to put together a thorough
investigative report on the Nation Magazine, which has been playing a
deeply provocative role in the emerging peace movement over the past year
or so. There is something highly devious about what they are doing. While
people like Cooper, Alterman and Corn are more or less prevented from
spewing their filth directly into the magazine's pages, they use their
credentials to push a redbaiting and warmongering agenda in other
publications like the LA Weekly, Washington Post, etc.

I especially want to get into the funding question. To paraphrase Balzac,
behind every rightward shifting progressive publication, there is a great
fortune.