As millions say no, NY Times demands UNSC vote war resolution and Wash. Post redbaiting

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Sun Feb 16 10:14:49 MST 2003

Although this is just more speculation, isn't it conceivable that the
ruling class now has an interest in biding th their time? They've seen the
depth and breadth of anti-war sentiment, and they know that if Bush throws
U.S. forces into Iraq at this moment, it will only fan the flames, unite,
broaden and deepen the antiwar movement even further. But, they're playing
another card, now, aren't they? In the pages and microphones of their major
mouthpieces like the Wall Street Jornal, New York Times and Washington
Post, as well as through their toy poodles like Corn, Lerner, etc., they're
playing the divide and conquer game, directed first and foremost at ANSWER.
They also know that there is no better environment to play that game than a
period of uncertainty and apparent inaction, aware that "idle hands..." Our
response (Lou P.) shouldn't be to write to the Post to complain that they
have their facts regarding this incident wrong, but rather that we won't
stand for their attempts to divide us!

Mike