Praise the Lord Mr. President

Peter McLaren mclaren at gseis.ucla.edu
Wed Feb 19 10:59:24 MST 2003

Max Lucado on President Bush

Max Lucado is a Christian author who is very popular for his many
wonderful books about the Lord. This week, Max was invited (along
with several other famous preachers) to have lunch at the White House
with President Bush. Their meeting took place on Thursday and Max
shared with us this morning how it had gone. As the ministers sat down
to lunch and waited for President Bush to appear, Max said that he was
expecting G.W. to walk in the room looking tired, serious, and
depressed. When the President came in, Max said he looked totally the
opposite of tired: he was energetic, joyful, and very focused on his
talk with the ministers. Max asked President Bush how he could seem
so calm and peaceful in the midst of all the tragedy. The President's
reply was, "I'm feeling stronger now than I've ever been in my life.

And the reason is because every person in America is praying for me.
When I stay on my knees, that's when I have power." The ministers
then asked the President how he would like them to pray for him, and
how their congregations back home should be praying. Mr. Bush asked,
first, for clarity of mind so that he could make wise decisions, and
then he asked that we pray specifically for his wife and two
daughters, as he is very concerned about their safety.

I knew that you would be as encouraged as I was to hear about this
meeting. We must thank God that we have a President who loves and
fears the Lord. No human leader is perfect, but God is perfect, so let's
keep
President Bush! lifted up in prayer before the Father.

PASS THIS ON TO EVERY CHRISTIAN THAT YOU KNOW AROUND THE WORLD...OUR GOD
IS AN
AWESOME GOD AND REIGNS OVER HEAVEN AND EARTH.

For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and
says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)