Derek's poll

Philip Ferguson plf13 at student.canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Feb 21 19:38:36 MST 2003

Derek wrote:
> I asked one hip looking black teenager what he
> thought, and received a straight and strong "no" to
> both questions. I told him that almost everyone agreed
> with him, and that only a few disagreed. His reply:
> "Were they (the pro-war people) white?".

One of the most interesting things about Derek's poll was how little
difference there was on race and gender lines.

The weakest link was the old folks who were only 4:3 against war if it
was UN sanctioned and then the young folk who were 17:6 antiwar if UN.
Interestingly the middle-aged were more antiwar, 13:2, even if UN.

Philip Ferguson