Ethnomathematics

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Mon Feb 24 11:43:02 MST 2003

Peter,

Actually, Exploratorium director Maurice Bauzin, one of the
implementers of 'ethnomathematics' and a collaborator of Freire's in
Brazil, would be a good person to contact. When I was teaching high
school science, he and I corresponded a bit regarding a Freirian
approach to science education.

Cheers,
Mike

--
Michael Friedman
Ph.D. Candidate in Ecology, Evolutionary Biology and Behavior

Molecular Laboratory
Department of Invertebrate Zoology
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park West at 79th Street